Sunday, May 5, 2013

God's love sounds like . . .

If you've ever wondered what God's love for you sounds like . . . 




I heard The Piano Guys perform this last night in Kansas City.  The entire concert was beauty and power that I don't presently have words for.  They have truly tapped into something Divine.  They covered this song, "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, which was a highlight for me.  I'd heard it before, but not being a Twilight fan or very big into pop culture ;-) I didn't really know it.  It is a simple and lovely melody.  They covered it with such art and tenderness and I knew in a few seconds that it was God singing to me.  Balm to this anxious heart.

The idea of God singing to or over us is really meaningful to me.  But I have to strain to hear it sometimes.  He sang through the performance last night and I knew more of His true, enduring, tender and deep love for me.  So I looked up the lyrics of the original when I got home and here's what I found in the refrain:
"Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years,
I'll love you for a thousand more."  

Hmm . . . pretty much what He's been saying to me recently.  I've been very aware and humbled by my brokenness and confess to still doubting if He can put up with me at times.  So the lyrics further  confirmed God's message to me.   But I believe my Savior's love goes on for a bit more than a thousand years.  So I listened to the song with these words in mind:
"Darling don't be afraid 
I have loved you for all of time,
I'll love you forever more."


"I've never quit loving you and never will.  Expect love, love and more love!"  
(Jeremiah 31:3, MSG)

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindess."  
(Jeremiah 31:3, NIV)

"The LORD your God is with you.  He is mighty to save.
The LORD your God takes delight in you.  He will calm you with His love.
He will rejoice over you with singing."  (Zephaniah 3:17)

What does God's love for YOU sound like?  What helps you "hear" it?  Does this song?  Another?  Sitting under a tree?  Walking in the rain?  Please do share.  We must share these things with one another.  Sharing the truth God is working in you will 
help establish it in your heart and mind
and may just be 
the morsel someone else desperately hungers for today.

No comments: